Cleaning with a Cotton Swab, the first way to Clean False Eyelashes
- Makeup remover, specifically designed to remove eye makeup
- Rubbing alcohol
- Cotton balls
- Cotton swab/Q-tip
- Get your hands wet with clear, running warm water. Lather your hands in antibacterial soap for about 20 seconds. Make sure to target areas like between the fingers, the backs of your hands, and underneath the fingernails.
- Rinse your hands in clear water and then dry with a clean towel.
- Firmly grasp the eyelashes with your thumb and forefinger.
- Peel the band inwards slowly. The lashes should come off fairly easily.
- Do not use oil-based makeup removers when wearing false eyelashes.
Inspect the lash for any glue that’s left on. If you find glue, take your tweezers. With one hand, pull off the glue with the tweezers. With the other hand, hold the eyelashes with the pads of your fingers.
- Make sure to only pull with the tweezers. Pulling at the lashes could damage the fake eyelashes.